Read this article about Globe Telecom, Finalist in the Best Achievement in Process Automation (RPA, Intelligent Automation, Digital Process Automation, Machine Learning, Cognitive Learning, Blockchain etc), selected by the independent judging panel, for the 2021 Digital Transformation & Operational Excellence Industry Awards program.
Digital transformation is one of the strategic directions of the company, but many business process automation initiatives remain inactive due to the following reasons:
● Pitching an idea is intimidating. It is easier for junior employees to follow manual processes than build a business case and defend it to the department heads.
● Solutions are expensive. Process automation will require programming or platform licenses that would be too expensive for niche applications.
● There are no available project resources. The management will always prioritize projects that can provide the highest benefit to the company. Relatively small initiatives will always get deprioritized.
Last May 19, 2020, Globe Telecom introduced Citizen Development through a No-Code Hackathon program. A total of 107 teams participated nationwide, each with a business process challenge that they would like to solve. It was converted to a fully online program to adapt to the pandemic.
After eight weeks of training, coaching, and mentoring, 59 No-Code applications were created. The submitted solutions vary from risk assessment automation from our audit team, service vehicle usage reporting from our field engineers, digital application forms from our store specialists, to digital site access requests from our security team, and many others.
Through the No-Code Hackathon, we were able to learn that:
● Employees can solve the problem correctly because they are the end-users
● Some of the issues are not visible to the top management until citizen developers solved them
● Employees are motivated when they are empowered with tools and skills to solve challenges in their function
● Citizen developers still need support from IT through facilitated training, coaching, and mentoring
The problem is, we assess process automation initiatives individually instead of collectively. Through Citizen Development, we should be able to empower employees to create their business process automation and address the execution barriers:
● Provide platform access to all employees by default. The solution should be available to all employees without requesting approval. In this way, they can focus more on building solutions than making presentations.
● No employee cost. Similar to our email accounts, employees should not be charged per usage. The IT department will absorb all fees.
● Do-It-Yourself approach. The solution should not require a person to have programming knowledge to build an application. If the employee is willing to invest time and effort, a process automation application can be created without a programmer.
Process automation initiatives will now have an alternative implementation path by taking out the approval process, cost, and IT programming requirements to build applications.
Sample Apps from different groups:
Baratillo App by Finance and Administration
● An e-commerce app exclusive to Globe Employees
● 92% improvement in processing time, 87% improvement in administrative handling, 90% reduction in customer inquiry, 87% improvement in payment validation, and 4.8/5 star satisfaction rating from users.
Track Gear by Field Engineers
● Reports upload of vehicle usage, expanded the app to support gas reimbursement, accident reporting, and field engineer onboarding.
● 98% TAT reduction, 15% gas consumption savings, and have more time to focus on engineering functions.
Inventory Tracker by Store Personnel
● Inventory for the critical stock count, item age, orders, assignments, and reports.
● Reduced TAT for order processing, stock reconciliation, and reporting by 80%.
Offboarding Central by Human Resources
● Offboarding app process for Employee clearance existing Globe
● 98% clearance completion within 14 days, 82% TAT reduction, and zero complaints since launch.
As of August 31, 2021, we have trained 663 employees and have 180 active apps deployed across the organization, with 12,700 unique active users. These apps improved our business processes by 79.8%.
The Digital Transformation & Operational Excellence Awards have been established to showcase globally the most outstanding achievements through the application of Business Transformation, Digital Transformation, Operational Excellence & Innovation Excellence programs. Click here to view the Press Release.
The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at The Digital Transformation & Operational Excellence World Awards (DTOES) on Wednesday, December 15th, 2021, from 6:30 PM at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort.
The Business Transformation & Operational Excellence Awards are open to all organizations, both private and public sector, across the globe, which have implemented Business Transformation, Digital Transformation, Operational Excellence & Innovation Excellence programs to deliver outstanding business results.
The Awards will be held in conjunction with the Business Transformation & Operational Excellence World Summit, BTOES 2021 on December 15, 2021, at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld®. Click to access the agenda, view the current speakers, and watch the highlights video from last year.
BTOES is the industry’s biggest and best, senior-level, cross-industry gathering of Business Transformation & Operational Excellence industry leaders and senior executives.
With over 150 speakers, over 100 sessions, 12 Keynotes, 9 Track Themes, 5 parallel tracks, 60+ track sessions, 50 roundtable discussions, 20 Interactive Workshops, 6 Thought Leader Panels, 5 Leaders Boardrooms, 5 co-located events, the Industry Awards Program, Site Visits, 20+ hours of social networking including 2 gala cocktail parties, dinners, numerous group activities, this is the ultimate event to benchmark, network and drive Operational Excellence to the next level.
There is a strong focus on Cultural Transformation, Customer Delight, Sustaining an Operational Excellence program, Need for end-to-end Business Transformation, Keeping up with new technologies/impact of digitalization and Leadership Buy-in & Understanding. We dedicated two tracks to advanced technologies, such as AI, Machine Learning, RPA, Predictive Analytics, Blockchain, Cloud infrastructure etc.
The agenda is designed to encourage active meaningful conversations though all day enhanced networking and interaction opportunities, including
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search for anything
View our schedule of industry leading free to attend virtual conferences. Each a premier gathering of industry thought leaders and experts sharing key solutions to current challenges.View Schedule of Events
Delivered by Progressive Thought-Leaders
Start Learning Today
Watch On-Demand Recording - Access all sessions from progressive thought leaders free of charge from our industry leading virtual conferences.Watch On-Demand Recordings For Free
Delivered by the industry's most progressive thought leaders from the world's top brands. Start learning today!View All Courses Now
The premier Business Transformation & Operational Excellence Conference. Watch sessions on-demand for free. Use code: BFH1120Watch On-Demand
Courtesy of Nintex Pty's Paul Hsu, below is a transcript of his speaking session on 'Improve employee productivity during and post-COVID by ...
Read this article about HP, Best Achievement in Operational Excellence to deliver Digital Transformation, selected by the independent judging panel, ...
Read this article about BMO Financial Group, one of our finalists, in the category Best Achievement in Operational Excellence to deliver Digital ...
Read this article about Cisco, one of our finalists, in the category Best Achievement of Operational Excellence in Internet, Education, Media & ...