Introducing a Framework for Commercializing Differentiated Products of High Value to Customers.
Maria Thompson is a senior technology operations leader with international experience in innovation, change management, and organizational capability improvement. She facilitates teams to creatively solve problems to generate strategic patent portfolios and new product and service designs.
In this talk, Maria presents a high level overview of the ITW Innovation Framework and reviews how she:
- Works with project teams to innovate with operational excellence disciplines
- Harmonizes business stage gate processes with the ITW Innovation Framework for continuous improvement
- Facilitates innovation tool workshops, including: customer interviewing, value proposition derivation, go to market strategy, and structured brainstorming
- Ensures that managers focus lean staff on the highest value projects for the customer
- Analyzes organizations’ repetitive commercialization success to understand when to quit projects and when to keep going
About Maria & ITW
Since early 2014, Maria partners with ITW business innovation leadership in a Senior Director role to accelerate organic growth with a global innovation process framework. In addition to harmonizing business stage gate processes with the Innovation Framework for continuous improvement, she facilitates innovation tool workshops, expedites cross-Segment communications and creative problem solving, and enables best innovation practice sharing with an annual global Innovation Summit. Workshop topics include: Facilitating Small Teams, Customer Interviewing, Value Proposition derivation, Go To Market Strategy and Planning, and Structured Brainstorming.
She holds an M.S. in Math and Computer Science from the University of Waterloo, and B.S. Computer Science with a Statistics minor from Iowa State University.
These slides were first presented at the Business Transformation and Operational Excellence World Summit (BTOES17). To learn more, please visit btoes.com.